Sunday 14 May 2017

GROWTH AS A DIMENSION IN FORMATION

Collines Kananura
Formation is a journey that, if possible, everybody should walk for one to grow as a balanced person. From my experience, formation has helped me to grow both spiritually and intellectually. It has expounded my frontiers of relationships through pastoral work and the fraternity with the people I live with. My sharing is based on the four pillars of formation and my experience in the three years journey.

In the first place, formation has helped me to realize my potentials through self discovery and sharing my life experience with fellow members in the community. I have lived in the community rich of diverse people from various cultures; however, the core bond is developed from our willingness to be open to the people we meet. I have found community life a source of joy, though sometimes it has its own challenges. There are countless events that have occurred in the community that I feel they have contributed towards the unearthing of my talents; playing basket ball is a talent that I ventured during my formation.

In addition, pastoral work is so fundamental for a candidate who is undergoing missionary formation. It has exposed me to different realities of which some of them are; the beauty of the encounter and the love people have for us, and secondly the hospitality and the love that people have towards seminarians. On the other hand, it brought me to the awareness of the pastoral boundaries; more to that, it has been a moment of learning how to deal with the challenges one is likely to encounter in future.

Furthermore, I appreciate the system of the Missionaries of Africa for equipping their students with intellectual formation in the first phase. Philosophy has enhanced my reasoning abilities and how to be critical on daily matters. Studies have shaped me to have deep reflections on whichever situation I encounter.


It has been a time to grow in my relationship with Christ. Formation has exposed me to different spiritualities and many ways of communicating with the Lord. Principally, everyday meditation has been so signification for myself introspection. I have eventually found it easy to have time for my personal prayers, thus having more time Christ.

Finally, thanks to the Almighty God for His grace and the courage that He has imparted in me to continue discovering His will. I take this chance to thank all the formators for portraying a good example as; mentors, parents and good brothers at the same time. To fellow brothers in the community, it has been good to be with you in this journey of self-discovery. Candidly speaking you have been good companions in my discipleship.

May the almighty God bless you,

By Kananura Collines