Tuesday 22 March 2016

THE ENCOUNTER WITH THE SUFFERING JESUS


What I thought was a small thing or task turned to be more than I had imagined. To deal and be with the children of Home of Hope where 95% of the children are dump.  These were abandoned by their parents because of the way they are, health conditions and appearance. The hardship they faced has made them feel lonely, not love and useless. But Jesus calls me and you to welcome and embrace them like the merciful father. It’s not an easy work but only with passion, love and a spirit of deep listening and interpret the sign language to create or leave a smile on the face of those children of GOD.

Below right Justus Namanya serving at the Home of Hope

This has changed my spiritual journey as my second experience it seemed to be tiresome, I felt lonely, lacked a way of communication but above all my inner most being was yearning to be in the circle of love. I was touched by the conditions and I remember to say “God thanks for these children of yours are alive,” was the prayer. The long process has helped me to find an image of JESUS in my  journey with them so far; ”the suffering and joyful Jesus.” Let us join them in our prayers always that they may experience God’s love and care.

BY JUSTUS NAMANYA